Monday, September 2, 2013

6. Doomed to Die

I race to the door at the end of the hallway, blind and deaf to the chaos on the other side of the glass. I turn back and catch a glimpse of my parents, plastered up to the separator. I only see them for a second before I am yanked through the door, but just before I go Daddy seems to make a little motion with his hand. Like he was pointing... yes, pointing! But I didn't get a chance to understand.

I stumbled through and was shoved right up to a girl.

"Rachael?" I ask in shock, "Why are you still here? Why aren't you... out there?"

"They told me to wait for... you. I guess they want us to die together. To bad we weren't friends all those years."

"And we still aren't!" I say turning my back to her. Instantly I wish I hadn't. I don't know what it is going to be like out there with all those aliens and monsters and no oxygen.

Oxygen! I gasp. Are they going to give us oxygen tanks? Are they going to give us anything

I turn back to Rachael, I want to make amends before it is too late. So much has changed, so much has happened, and all in such a short time. I need someone with me when I die, when I return to the dust and darkness from which I came. And maybe, that someone could be Rachael.

"Rachael?" I begin, "I-"

"Open the gate!" a man shouts, and suddenly there is pandemonium. A couple people rush to us with suits and help us zip and buckle them on. They strap heavy packs onto our backs and before I know what is going on the gate swings open and we are shoved through. I crash, helmet first onto the red dirt and though I am padded all over with gear, the force flows through me, making me dizzy. I force myself to my feet and turn to see the gate closing.

Suddenly I am overwhelmed with fear. I scream and run as fast as I can to the gate. The helmet drowns out the noise and I scream louder in despair. Tears are running down my face again when I reach the gate. I bang my gloved hands on the metal door, but it is no use. Rachael and I are trapped out here, with only a couple tanks of oxygen, doomed to die.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor things!

    Can't wait to read the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!
    But.....how are we supposed to wait for the next chapter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICOLE SHARON ELLIOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU CHANGE YOUR WEB ADDRESS WITHOUT TELLING US??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????!!!!!!!

    I WAS IN AGONY!!!!!!!!

    It showed up on my dashboard that you had posted another chapter to your blog, but when I clicked on the link it came up with a message saying your blog was GONE!!!!!!!!!

    Then I noticed that on the side of my dashboard in my reader's list it said I was following "Nicole's Typewriter" so then I was like, "hmmm, maybe she changed her web address"

    So then I typed in nicolestypewriter.blogspot.com and it took me to a random strangers blog who's name happened to be Nicole. I was like UUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Then I tried nicoles-typewriter.blogspot.com and this time it worked. I let out a huge sigh of relief! and then proceeded to read your chapter. Which by the way sucked me in so much that I almost (almost) forgot to be mad at you. :)

    I guess God just wanted me to have to work for what was good instead of just clicking a button. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about that! But I can't help laughing! Hahaha! We started school today (kinda) But I might be able to write it during rest time. :) I think my biggest problem with this story is, THERE AREN'T ANY SILLY PEOPLE! Can you believe it? ugg (wink)
    ~N

    ReplyDelete
  5. NICOLE SHARON ELLIOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU CHANGE YOUR WEB ADDRESS WITHOUT TELLING US??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????!!!!!!!

    I WAS IN AGONY!!!!!!!!


    Then I noticed that on the side of my dashboard in my reader's list it said I was following "Nicole's Typewriter" so then I was like, "hmmm, maybe she changed her web address"

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could always add some in N. Please can we have another chapter soon? (innocent, pleading, puppy dog look)

    Cydney? Did you copy my comment?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kinda but it was true about the Then I noticed that on the side of my dashboard in my reader's list it said I was following "Nicole's Typewriter" so then I was like, "hmmm, maybe she changed her web address" plus i was being to lazy to type!:)

    ReplyDelete