Thursday, October 17, 2013

9. Disappear...

I frantically search the red plains for some sign of refuge, but the whole land is deserted and dry... Except for the one silhouette that continues to get closer... and closer... and-

Kayla... A voice whispers eerily in my head! Kayla... My skin crawls and I feel my hands shaking. Come... COME... It orders in a whisper. A creepy, evil whisper. I take a step toward it, but pain shoots through my leg, the rock glows and sends a strange, painful sensation through my hand to my foot, and the need to hide flows back in. I pull my leg back and I spin on my heel, about to scream at Rachael to hide again, but-

Kayla... I turn back and the silhouette stands up tall, just yards from my frightened partner and I. I can't figure out how it manages to remain a pitch black silhouette when it is standing in broad daylight... Or is it? In all the confusion of the day I had totally lost track of time, the sun was beginning to set, but I have no time to enjoy the beautiful blue sight. This... thing, is calling me, and I am beginning to answer.

"Rachael, let's Hide!" I frantically whisper through the speaker. I don't give her time to even think a question before snatching her gloved hand and dashing to... well... just away from that... thing....As I run the urge to hide relaxes and suddenly the want to run to the silhouette returns. I turn back, barely aware of Rachael shouting to me, and see the rock, lying halfway between me and the black, tall thing. It is an inward battle I do not understand, and it clouded my head. I can't think, hear, feel, or see anything. Everything fades... Everything.... Disappears....

-<->-

I open my eyes to see a white cloud above my head against a brilliant blue sky. I feel a soft, crumby floor beneath me and I turn my head... grass... I stand up and look around at everything Kevin and the diary had told me about. Sun, clouds, sky, grass, houses, animals, I feel fresh air in my lungs as if were my first breath. I close my eyes and deeply breath all the wonderful fragrances... Wouldn't Kevin love this... I thought, but then fear rushes over me. How did I get hear? Where is Rachael? The Rock? Kevin? The Zermedine? Where is.... Everything? I won't put it off any longer, I need answers.. NOW!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She goes to earth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... Maybe... I guess you'll just have to find out, won't you

      Delete
  2. Oh more please! Such horrid endings to your chapters! I wouldn't like the story half as much, without them, but right now when I have just finished reading the chapter! I want more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read "a wrinkle in time?" The creepy voice reminded me of something from that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More more more more More more more more More more more more More more more more More more more more More more more more More more more more More more more more More more more more More more more more More more more more More more more more More more more more More more more more More more more more More more more more More more more more More more more more More more more more And NO MORE CLIFF HANGERS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete